Whenever I make buffalo chicken dip, people seem to ask what the recipe is (because it is really the best recipe that I have found to date). Below, find the extremely easy recipe for an awesome dip that will be sure to get a great reaction at parties.
(194 Cal per 1/4 cup serving)
~1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (approximately 2-3 large chicken breasts)
~1 cup ranch dressing
~1 cup Frank's Original Red Hot (should not be substituted)
~1 8-oz block of cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat, but do not use fat free)
~1 package of fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Boil chicken breasts on stove until cooked all the way through. (I tend to cut mine before boiling because this reduces the cooking time)
3)While the chicken is boiling, cut the cold cream cheese into cubes (12 cubes works well for me) and place into an 11.5"x 8" x 2" Pyrex style baking dish lightly misted with butter flavor Pam
4) Evenly sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese cubes.
5) Pour 1 cup of ranch and 1 cup of Franks Red Hot on top of the cheesy mixture and place the dish into the oven uncovered for 7-10 min.
6) Stir the mixture and put back into the oven to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
7) While the mixture is baking, shred the boiled chicken (after cooling of course. I usually run cold water over the chicken to speed up the cooling process).
8) After the cheesy mixture is done baking and well mixed, you should add the chicken. Pour the chicken on top of the mixture and carefully stir the chicken in. Cover the container with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20-30 min.