Whenever I bring my taco dip to a party, it is a hit. It is very easy to make, and it is vegetarian-friendly. The recipe is below.
-2 x 8oz packages of cream cheese
-16oz sour cream
-Taco seasoning packet
-Approximately 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-Olives and jalepenos are optional
1) Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and contents of taco seasoning packet. Spread mixture in rectangular foil or Pyrex container. It is best if you do this step the night before the party so that this layer can solidify in the fridge overnight.
2) The following day (or same day if you don't have time), sprinkle the shredded lettuce over the cream cheese- sour cream mixture.
3) Dice the tomatoes and spread evenly on top of lettuce. If you wish to add jalepenos or olives, you can spread them out as well.
4) Top with 1.5-2.0 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how cheesy you would like the dip to be).
5) Serve with tortilla chips. Make sure to keep refrigerated until it's ready to be served.